Monday, July 27, 2009

Kudos also belong to....Brandon

I'm not going to let Brandon's accomplishments go unnoticed either. Early in the season Brandon earned the "Tarpon" pillow for helping out during swimming and helping the younger kids. I was proud then but very proud and surprised at the banquet when he received the Jr.Coaches Trophy. The head coach recognized two kids that were there consistently, over at the coaches table asking what they could do to help, helping the younger kids, pulling in the lane ropes, cheering on their fellow teammates and in general just going over and beyond what is asked of them. I was stunned! But this season I saw a change in Brandon. We are at the pool for 3 hours every morning. He has 1 hour of swim practice, she has an hour of swim and an hour of dive, so basically he has 2 hours of just being there. This summer, I didn't get from him the usual, "I'm bored, there's nothing to do" without any prompting from me, he began to go over to the coaches, hang out with them and then began asking them what he could do to help. By the end of practice everyday I was having to practically drag him out of there because he didn't want to leave! I love the swim and dive team because not only is it a wonderful "team" sport but there is a true sense of community. The kids really help each other and cheer each other on. I said to Kevin that although Brandon had a very good swim season, I have been most proud of the sportsman like behavior and his want and desire to help and be a bigger part of the team. It makes my heart swell with pride and love. BRANDON, You Rock! Love you! The Mom


No comments: